Digital advertising is one of the newest and fastest growing areas of strategic communication. As the lines between digital and traditional advertising blur, companies now expect students to have a strong background in digital strategy. Students preparing to work in any area of the strategic communication field — including creative, media, accounts and public relations — will benefit from learning about the strategy and application of digital mediums.
An emphasis in digital advertising coursework will help prepare students in the areas of search engine marketing, content strategy, social media, mobile, display, email, analytics and the advertising and content optimization that is vital to the success of digital campaigns.
Skill sets valued in digital strategy
- Ability to think analytically
- Ability to turn data into insights
- Strategic thinking
- Highly detail-oriented
- Results focused
- Understanding of digital optimization
- Ability to work both individually and with a team
- Desire to keep up with constantly evolving digital landscape
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to present and summarize findings clearly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment